Help understanding Qeeg scan

Hello all,
I am new here. I’m seeking some help in understanding a qeeg scan that was done (me) a few months ago. My doc ceased to accept my insurance so I’ve been left out in the cold and I can’t make head or tail of the results.
I’d like to pursue neurofeedback again at some point, but I’m not sure if it’s going to help my condition so I haven’t decided whether I ought to make the significant financial commitment to the therapy. I find therapy pretty difficult on the whole, and somewhat emotionally draining.
I think the doc suspected ADD, but went off that idea. Previously I’ve been diagnosed as having Borderline Personality Disorder. Is this kind of thing something that might be reflected in the scan and/or could be improved by Neurofeedback?

Many thanks for reading,

Dot

How did you produce the EEG data? What were the experimental conditions?

From a brief search, it seems that EEG might be useful in prognosticating borderline personality, but therapeutic applications aren’t as easy to find.

The map Dot showed was produced by Neuroguide, a 19 channel normative database QEEG acquisition and plotting program. It’s used frequently by neurofeedback practitioners using Brainmaster Discovery equipment, and others. Two datasets are usually recorded with QEEG, several minutes of eyes-closed sitting quietly. Then several minutes of eye-opened looking at a fixed location on the wall; again quietly. This map is likely showing the eyes-closed.

The map is Z-scored, showing the number of standard deviations her map differs from the database norm for her age and gender.

Some forms of Z-score neurofeedback then apply visual or audio feedback during a session to increase or decrease sites to more align with the norms. Since her maps are mostly green, she is close to the norm already across most sites and bands.

You might find these articles by Jay Gunkelman on QEEG phenotypes to be helpful background.

https://www.google.com/search?q=gunkelman+eeg+phenotypes