How to start Brainbay and E Prime simultaneously?

Hi I am a student looking for help with my final year project! I need to run both EEG on Neurobit and another program E Prime together simultaneously. I need both programs to start at the same time as i need to match the signals to the reaction times. Anybody can help with this? I am using Brainbay for the EEG component and I am lost in this. Thank you!

1 Like

Tansy, hi. I think this is the E-Prime you are referring to?

https://www.pstnet.com/eprime.cfm

It mentions that they support “network socket” device and parallel port device. BrainBay has an element block for parallel port, I have not used it. You also have the full source available for BrainBay, so you could add some type of socket level (udp or tcp) link capability.

Another approach for synchronizing experiments is LSL LabStreamingLayer, but BrainBay does not currently talk to LSL, nor does your E-Prime.

1 Like

hi wjcroft! thank you so much! I’ll try and figure something out with that! I’m new to Brainbay and E prime so I’m not familiar with what they can do.

1 Like

“I’m new to BrainBay and E-prime…”

If that is true, then you may not have yet put much effort into developing your BrainBay or E-Prime applications / designs. In that case then you may be better off switching to some applications that support LSL directly. Such as OpenViBE, EEGLAB, BCILAB, Python, etc.

1 Like

I managed to only make E prime work now but the problem is with brainbay. But thanks for the help! i’ll try the others.

1 Like