Python / EEGrunt Question

Hello everyone,

I’m trying to get EEGrunt working. Here are the steps I’ve taken:

1. Setup virtualbox with scientific linux (fedora)
  2. Download the EEGrunt-master archive
  3. Run the install_linux_dependencies file (There is no apt-get only yum on fedora, but I think all the requirements are there. I changed the apt-get commands in the to yum)
  4. Configure the paths to my muse recordings in .csv format

When I try to run the program, I get the error local variable raw_data referenced before assignment. Does anyone know what I need to do to fix this? Python version is 2.7.13 .

Here is a screenshot:

Do I need a different python version?

Hi ID,
You’ve found a silly bug in EEGrunt’s Muse data loading code.

I’ve fixed it in this commit: but it hasn’t yet been merged into the main repo.

I think @curiositry will be merging the update into the main repo shortly. In the mean time, you can get the updated file from here:

Thanks for reporting this bug, and let us know if you run into any other challenges.

Hi Adam,

Thanks a lot for the quick reply! I downloaded the new commit and it solved the error I originally posted. However still gives me a problem, this time with the bandpass function:

Thanks so much for your help!

• ID

Sorry ID, the start and stop values for the bandpass filter weren’t properly defined in the example script. You can set these in (to whatever your preferred bandpass values are in Hz – 1 to 50 Hz is a commonly used range), or comment out the bandpass line.

This is fixed in the current version, both my branch ( and the main repo (, so grabbing a new copy of should fix it as well.

Let me know if you have any other questions or issues.

Awesome, it works now! Thank you !

Hello All,
I to had same problem but search long time i found the answer for this thanks so much. This helps Python Developers. Once Again Thank’s for the answer.